Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mum's always right =)

I got back from dinner at 9 plus today. Picked up my phone and tried to call home. Phone was engaged. Called 3 times. Still engaged. Gave up and sent mum an e-card instead. Told sis on msn to tell mum tomorrow. sis said if she remembers, she'll tell her. Cant wish mum on that day now.

Anyways, I've been wanting to blog about my mum for a v. long time. Hehe... funny huh? Well, its only been these few years when i am a thousand miles away from mummy that i realised one thing: SHE'S ALWAYS RIGHT ABOUT ME.

It sounds creepy, scary, intimidating, all sorts that you can think of. But reflecting upon it, its 100% true.

A few years back while I had my JC ball, mum went shopping with me and chose my ball dress for me. A simple black dress. Yet she told me how to accessorise myself to look good. Mum was right. I did look good, I have to admit. Even friends taught so.

When I was in uni and I faced huge friendship problems, mum taught me how to be a more tactful person. Mum taught me how to be a more lovable person. Mum knew me inside out. She knew how i was like, how i behaved, what i should do to make life better. Mum's suggestions were always right. Her logic is un-arguable. Yet mum is ever so supportive of all my decisions, esp coming to aus to study and furthermore assuring i would have adequate finances to do a double degree.

Most of all, mum was right in how I could make my life better in Aus. Perhaps mum did understand how i felt when i was in perth. But mum had her own problems and couldnt help as much. However, i couldnt help mum as much. I tried to help her by hiding most of my problems from her. Assuring her that I was doing alright in Perth.

I did tell mum eventually how life was like and she did give me a few pointers to make my life better in Perth.

I wanna say this so much. And I wanna publicly declare it on my blog.

Mummy, thanks for all the advice. Thanks for the encouragement to join iss. Meeting the current iss committee and working with them has been the best part of my uni life. Thanks for allowing me to work, after acknowledging that I could handle my studies. But most of all, thanks for giving me the ability to buy my "baby"... You have no idea how much joy having my baby, which I now name NG. I love it v. much and I will take care of it.

One thing I learnt. Listen to my mummy. She's always right. And now, I wish I was beside her at the very instant, talking to her.....

Happy mother's day! To all mothers! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home