Tuesday, May 08, 2007

ooh... asian food at northbridge!

I felt so happy today even though i only slept for 5 hours last night..

My tutorial ended at 9 am in the morning. As always, I'm looking for stuff to do. So, I decided to go to northbridge to get lunch and bring it for stall duty, which starts at noon. I went to EMMA'S SEAFOOD, where they sell yong tau foo stuff and also asian products. I went to the cooked food section and saw that they had seafood noodles, meaning they had your usual yong tau foo stuff such as fishball, fishcakes, wanton etc plus mee pok noodles! I havent touched mee pok since i got back to perth! Then something caught my eye... CHEE CHEONG FUN!!! WOw! I havent had chee cheong fun in ages as well! The spore style where they had dark sweet sauce over the chee cheong fun. I decided to get that for dinner, since I was going to catch spiderman 3 in the evening and i have no time to cook (I'm working in the afternoon). Woo hoo!

After which, I went to DA SHI JIE, this taiwanese shop which sells mainly taiwanese products, some of which i've never seen before in spore!!! I decided to get a ginseng crysenthemum tea (bottled one which only costs $1.20) and a red tea (also bottled for the price of $1.20)! haha, so all in all, i spent $12 for both lunch and dinner. All asian food and yummilicious! I felt soooo satisfied. I then went to buy meat for the house. After I went to another asian supermarket (VHT), i came across this packet of mabo tofu sauce. Suddenly, i had this urge to cook mabo tofu for dinner tomorrow. I couldnt find the silken tofu in VHT, so i walked all the way back (5 mins walk) to EMMA's to get the tofu.

I was grinning on the way home. I felt sooo happy. I havent had a weekday to myself for the past month. Time to leisurely shop around at northbridge, and to buy such cheap and yummulicious food! Haha.. I was singing and grooving to all the songs played on the radio. I hoped no one saw what i was doing... hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home