Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Of Fun & Stress...

I got to see both sides of australian primary school children today.

Before I started work at Kumon, I saw students having a music class. They listened to pop music (I definitely remember hearing it on radio but i cant remember the name!) and they were singing and grooving to it. My supervisor's daughter (who happens to work in Kumon as well) told me she missed music classes. How fun is that! My immediate thought was that we could never get that in Singapore. Singapore music teachers will never let us hear pop music in music class. All we can listen to is probably "marikita singapura" or "chan-mail-chan" or "stand up for singapore"!!!

Whilst I was in the midst of marking papers at work, I heard my supervisor talking to a student about how he feels about his dad giving him so much work. As he was talking, he was sobbing away. Poor boy... He feels v. stressed about sch work already. Then I heard along the lines of "My dad wants me to excel in getting good grades to beat what he achieved in school. And he didnt do well at all in studies!" Oh boy.... I can never imagine an AUSTRALIAN BOY being stressed in PRIMARY SCHOOL! Oh well, he's an Asian. Maybe all asian parents feel the same way. I know I felt tremendously stressed when I was in Pri sch. I couldnt sleep at all before my exams. Mum had to sleep beside me so that I could fall asleep....

To me, pri school seem aeons away... now my goal is to get through my last hurdle in school life: UNI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home