Sunday, January 14, 2007

Nostalgia

Didnt expect to see many ppl that I've lost contact with today. Was at Cine with Emes when I saw Shwu Huey. WE both share the same name and the same surname. Haa, I remember when we were in Jc, our chinese teacher had a hard time calling our names. When she said "Lee Shu Hui", we both were like " which shuhui?" From then on, we were differentiated either by "xiao shu hui" (me) or "da shu hui" (her) because of our height differences. She was much taller than I am. It's pretty nice to see her.

Had dinner with family at our old place at Bukit Batok. Jiaxian walked past me. Didnt have a chance to say hello. He's one of the e3 dogs. But I lost contact with him since we seperated from sec sch. Only seen him in the first 2 gatherings after we graduated, but havent seen him in the recent ones.

To me, my old place still remains the same. Some shops are still there, like the bread shop my mum used to buy bread from, some hawker stalls still remains, like the duck rice shop which sells yummy kway chap. According to me, they're still the best kway chap I've ever tasted! The 4 of us were comparing rojaks and hokkien mee from Bukit Batok and Toa Payoh. We all tried the rojak in Bukit Batok and agreed that the one in toa payoh is still the best! But after trying the hokkien mee, my sis still thinks that the hokkien mee in toa payoh is better (Tian tian lai hokkein mee in blk 127, toa payoh lorong 1). I somehow prefer the hokkien mee that I had in Bukit Batok. It's less oily, and the chili is not too hot.

Nostalgia... Back to my old place which brings much memories. But somehow, I like the place I'm staying now. But its good to savour the old place. That's where I grew up. THe place shaped who I am. THe school that I attended. The friends that I met and kept in contact till now. Now I believe there's a difference between the east and the west people. And growing up in the west, I still say the west rocks! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home