Friday, January 05, 2007

Chinatown

Met kel at chinatown for dinner today. It's only one and a half months away from chinese new year (sighz... counting down to the day i leave for aussie again :( ) It's surprising to see Chinatown so quiet. "OG seems sooo quiet", Kel equips.

Had dinner first. Met her at Raffles place, then walked over to Chinatown. Talked about how good the food in Maxwell hawker centre is, but we decided to go to Chinatown itself. WE settled for homemade noodles (shou la mian). I had dumpling noodles dry and Kel had Fried wonton with cha siew noodles soup. It contained no oil. V. plain, v. nice, v. cheap. Just what both of us needed. WE saw that the other stall which sells "zhi cha" looks really good. Thought of organising another e3 outing closer to cny and eating there.

After that, I went to satisfy my craving for a thailand coconut drink ($1). I remembered that Zhida used to order a coconut drink in Bangkok wherever we went; seafood place, chatuchat market, e.t.c. I also remember Alvin telling me that the sausages in 7 eleven is good. And he wasnt joking. It's really nice. Esp the chicken cheese suasage. And its cheap! hahaha... ANd leiming's recommendation of the thai soy milk and vitagen in 7 eleven as well. It's light, less sweet and delicious! Haha.. I miss Bangkok's 7 eleven. And I remember Suqin's shopping craze in Bangkok. According to her, its the first time she shopped like mad ever. And Kel and my craze of getting a sports bag which we could carry to school. ANd for 10 sing, both of us are proud owners of a brown adidas bag, which I am gonna carry to uni.

As Kel and I walked along Chinatown, I chanced upon this stall selling icy ice (Taiwan's xue hua bing). I remembered I fell in love with the desert when suyen introduced me in Curtin's Pasar Malam. The desert is made of flavoured ice with toppings. The ice just melts in your mouth the moment you eat it. Kel fell in love with it after she bought it. Try the mango flavoured one if you guys have a chance! It's delicious. According to that auntie, her stall is the only stall in spore that sells icy ice. PLUS, its only 3 sing. I ate it for $4.50 aussie..... which means it costs around $6 sing, which means I CAN EAT 2 ICY ICE IN SPORE FOR THE PRICE OF ONE IN PERTH! Damn....

We walked further along Chinatown. Went to OG. Nothing much. SAw this shop selling Kuching Kolo mee. Must try that shop next time. Sounds good. Plus many shops selling hainanese chicken rice. Spotted this desert shop along chinatown that sells hot desert. Yummylicious!

Afterwards, we went to Chinatown Point to have a drink at Mac. And in there, I chanced upon annalakshmi. I've always heard from Lu hui that there is annalakshmi in spore. But I just dont know where. Now I found it in Chinatown, which is quite surprising given the fact that it's an indian vegetarian restaurant. They have one in perth, so I told myself I gotta try the one in spore. Shall bring my mum there soon... You take as much food as you want, and you pay any amount you want. All proceeds go to charity. Check it out at http://annalakshmi.com.sg.

Enough of my ramblings... On to watching My Girl... Damn... I bought it this morning for $29.90 in TS only to find it selling for $20 in Poh Kim... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home