Saturday, December 16, 2006

shopping in Spore and JB

Just came back shopping in Orchard in the afternoon with mum and sis. Noticed that shopping centres have somehow changed a little since I got back. Gap just opened its Spore outlet in Wisma, and one in vivocity, i heard. The entrance to the basement of wisma has been closed off.

In fact, food places have changed in shopping centres as well. Nooch in citylink has been changed to New York New York. According to Kel, the food there is only medicore, but there's always a queue there. There're now a few "cha chan tengs" (Hongkong-style cafe) in Spore. Kel and I tried one that's opened not long ago in marina square. For less than $10, you'll get delicious food. Pretty good.

Even JB has changed. Mum drove to JB on thursday to visit grandpa. Roads in JB has changed again. Bridges has been built halfway and construction has stopped for whatever reason no one has a clue about, new shopping centres have been built. My uncle took us to Jusco at this plaza which I cant remember the name. Carrefour and The Store was in the vicinity as well. Jusco has all the shops in there; adidas, nike, converse, mango, breadtalk, Levis, Padini etc etc. Its really huge. Plus Jusco is like another Giant. A megamart which sells everything. Just a side-track: I noticed that shops of similar kinds like to be beside each other. There are 2 beauty shops (that sells soaps, shampoos, beauty care products) that are right beside each other in Toa Payoh Central. 2 bag shops also beside each other in TP central. ANd Jusco, Carrefour, and The Store right near each other in JB. Makes me wonder why they do it. No doubt, consumers like us benefit. Being near each other means they have to compete with each other, and competing with each other means that we get the best deals for a cheaper price! Hahahahaha

Been doing nothing much since I got back. The first and foremost thing I wanna do is to enjoy my family's company. Its been 9 months since I'm not in spore and I really miss their company. Havent had a chance to hang out much with friends. But I'll be meeting up with them the whole of next week so its good. So far met with Kel and Maggy. Maggy brought me to this bar in Mertitus Mandrin called "Mezzbar". Not bad. I like the live music. Been watching DVDs which I brought back from Bangkok. Hee hee. Some of the DVDS are of bad quality. I learnt a lesson. Never get DVDs of movies that are recently shown in the cinemas. What you get is a show where a person secretly taped it while watching the show in the cinema. Either get a DVD of a movie which has already been shown at least 4 months ago or watch the latest release in the cinema. That's what my aunt told me as well, Haha, whose's speaking from JB where you can get pirated DVDs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home