Friday, January 19, 2007

FREE HUGS

Was on my way to meet patricia and Maggy at takashimaya today. Walked out onto orchard road. I saw this guys back facing me holding a huge sign. I got excited because I kinda knew what he was holding. Seen a similar thing in Youtube before. Except the thing took place in Sydney. Passerbys who saw the sign commented on it, which further confirmed what I thought was written on the sign.


Guess what it was?


The sign says "FREE HUGS".


I was pretty thrilled at the thought of seeing the sign. If I were feeling really upset, I would go up to the guy to give him a hug. I was quite sad to see no one wanting to hug him for the last min I walked past him. A hug can do wonders, esp when you are feeling down.

It made me thought of the low prospect of becoming a psychologist. No one would really go see one when they are feeling down. Most singaporeans would satisfy themselves with materialistic things.

Giving a hug can make a person's day. Being willing to give a person, any random person on the street, is awesome. And I totally respect, admire this guy..... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home