Friday, September 29, 2006

A learning experience

I am glad I had a break today. Though its not exactly a break, and it was more of a chit chat and feedback and discussion day, but I'm happy that I dont have to think about my studies and *other things*.

Multicultural week is next week. It's one week of full on activities. Movie screenings, spring feast (which is a pasar malam in my uni selling international food), games, and so on. It;s good. Get a week to have fun, at least a deviation away from my assignments.

Was in the car with my Promotions head, Jeanette when she was sending me home. While we were chatting, it suddenly dawned on me how much I've learned and grown since I've been in Perth. I can definitely say I've been put out of my comfort zone. Just look at the friends or rather people that I meet here. Even for Singaporeans or asians for that matter of fact. We come from so diverse background. Hanging out with them is not an easy task. But in a way, I'm glad I met them because they provide me with a differing point of view in handling all kinds of issues. I've begun to take a whole new perspective with regards to school work, working life, friendship, relationship. Even the meaning of life.

Come to think of it, I've been regretting coming to Perth because I feel its such a boring place. But come to think of it, life is what you make out of it. I am sure there are things that I can be involved in (like mcw which I am involved in now, and the A.S.I.A cocktail - a clubbing event which I didnt make it tonight cos I was having dinner with the mcw people) . Perhaps its time to think of more things to be involved in. Uni life can be fun and interesting if I make it out to be. And I want to believe that so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home