Friday, September 08, 2006

Will there ever be an answer to the question?

My friend recently read my blog and then asked me on msn; " I just read your blog. Have you found the answer to the boy question?"

"What boy question?" I replied.

"I just read it. The one about why bother living since we are all going to die." He answered.

I said, " I still dont know how to answer him. "

He then said" I also asked myself a similar question before. Since all things have to come to an end... why bother? Until today, I also dont have an answer to it. "

He then went on to say " This question is like a pandora's box. The more someone dwell on it, the more loss he will become. "

Yeah, I thought. It's really hard to answer this question. But I still believe there is something to live for. It's not the end that we are living for. It's the process of living that we should be concerned with. Take for eg, like what my father always like to say to me, " boys usually go shopping because they have a goal of what they want to get. Girls go shopping because of the process itself. They get satisfaction out of it." My take on things? Either be like the boy, and know what you would want to get when you reach the end of life... Like most religions, where the end point is to go to heaven or to accumulate "good points" for their next life; or be like the girl, enjoy the process of living.

At the end of the day, each one of us chooses what lives we want to lead. It's all up to us what we want to make out of it. As for me, living life now would be not to have regrets. Not to wait till I am old and then regret not doing this or doing that. If I were to lament on the outcomes that I did not achieve, at least I could say " I did give it my shot but it didnt work out."

What would your take on life be? On another note, please do not think like the boy or my friend. Because if you lived, you would have no idea what impact you will have on other people's life. I am glad the boy lived. Through my seminar leader, he gave me a new perspective of life.

This might not be relevant to this post, but always remember: You might mean something less to someone, but you might mean something more to somebody else, and that person might not even know it......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home