Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My Lily for 3 days... We have a love-hate relationship...

My friend just gave me a cat to look after for 2 days. It was a mind boggling experience, mind you. ANd I;ve learnt lotsa things about taking care of a pet, given I've no history of owning one...

Her's name lily and she belongs to my friend, honey's ex housemate, who didnt want her. honey came back to the old house 3 weeks later to find lily looking really shriveled. She took Lily back but her current housemate who owns the places didnt like cats at all. Then she asked me whether I could take care of Lily for 5 days and I said okie, cos I thought it'll be a good experience being a first time cat owner.

I could only confine Lily to my room as my housemate, Jasmine is afraid of animals. THe 1st night Lily came, she was trying to orientate herself to my room. Honey bought over a rug and some cat food and told me all I needed to know about Lily. The 1st night was alright as Lily was sleeping on the rug. Whenever I went to bed, she would jump up and sleep beside me. I thought that was really cute. Plus she loved attention. On the second day, my friend, Gary was over at my place to discuss with me about the mel/sydney trip. suddenly, I saw Lily pooing on my bed. I quickly got Lily out of my bed, and to my horror, Lily pee -eed as well. Oh man, one corner of my bed was soaked with pee, from my quilt cover all the way to my matress. Damn, I was scolding Lily upside down while I took out everything to wash. Had to clean my quilt cover and bedsheet, as well as taking the matress out to dry. When I came home from school, I realised that it had rained and my whole matress was wet. I took everything in to dry with my heater on. After that, I bought a litter box so that Lily could pee and poo there. Thank god Lily did her business there during the subsequent days. However, the bad experience got to me. remember how Lily liked to jump onto my bed when I am sleeping. After that incident, I refused to let Lily lay on my bed just in case she pooed again. For the next night when Lily jumped up to my bed when I was sleeping, I would jump out of bed and shoo her away. I know she likes to sleep with me to get warmth, but I just couldnt take any more shit on my bed even though I knew she does all her business on the litter box. I had such a sleepness night. Lily kept jumping onto my bed when I shoo her away. I put a layer a plastic garbage bags over my quilt cover just in case she poos again, but I still got scared. Cats love attention, and everytime I do my work she comes around me and jumps around. I so wanna let her out but I'm afraid she'll pound on Jasmine. She loves to roam around and wants ppl to pat her. For the next night, my room smells of poo. It was unbearable. lily had the poo smell as well and everytime she jumps on my bed, I could smell the poo. I didnt sleep well and I couldnt study. It was the last straw and so I decided to ask Honey to take Lily back home. I had to endure Lily for one more day so I just kept Lily in my room and went to study and sleep in the living room. Poor Lily. She kept scratching the door as she wants to get out. Everytime I go into the room, she'll come next to me, wanting me to pat and play with her. Poor Lily, but no choice. My room smells of poo, I cant study, and I cant sleep. Plus I havent got over the stress of my 60% lab report that I handed in.

THank god Honey took Lily back today. Jasmine told me that she will miss Lily even though she's scared of her. No more poos. And back to a normal lifestyle. One thing I've gotten out of this: I'm tramutised by pets jumping onto my bed thinking that its a huge litter box. Hmm.. havent let it affect my decision of getting a pet in the future. Prefably a dog where I can take him/her out for walks everyday. And I'll only keep one if no one else in the house is scared of them and if there is a huge space where I can put the litter box and cat food. Besides that, no more pets in my room to come... I hope everything goes well with Lily. Hopefully she'll be well outside and she'll find a good owner.... My love-hate relationship with Lily ends after the 3rd day she came into my house... Your presence (ur poo i mean ) will always linger around....hee hee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home