Saturday, March 11, 2006

pinnacles and sandboarding at lancelin (11/3/06)





went for a trip to the pinnacles and sandboarding organised by the international students society yesterday.

It began with me waking up at 6 am baking pies with Jasmine, my housemate for everyone in the trip as Jasmine's in the iss commitee. We were super short of time as we had to meet in uni at 7 am. And we had around a hundred pies to heat up. We use our oven, our griller, our microwave oven and our toaster oven to heat up all the pies. The guys (my housemate Jason and Michael, Jasmine's bf) only woke up at 7. Hee hee, but all thanks to Jason, for helping us clean the kitchen after we made a mess out of it. We left for pinnacles at 7 am after carrying all the food and drinks to the bus.

For all the peeps in Spore who'll be coming over in June, we could probably head up north to the pinnacles followed by sandboarding! Here's a pic of the pinnacles. With me is Bernice(the girl with the pink t-shirt), a good friend of mine and the organiser of this trip. Pinnacles is famous for its rock, as seen in the pic. I didnt really read my brochure, so I dont really know how the rocks were formed. All I know is its an attraction among tourists, and its defintely worth a visit.

After which, we left for sandboarding at Lancelin. Lancelin's about an hour and a half drive away from the pinnacles. We 1st looked around to rent sandboards. We found one where we could rent if for $10 for 2 hours. We paid a deposit and then went on to sandboard. Its like snowboarding. We could choose between the sit down ones and stand-up ones. The sand was pretty soft, so its pretty good. However, it felt a bit irritating cos the sand kept blowing into everyone's eyes, and we spent a lot of time rubbing the sand off our eyes. I was a bit afraid to go down cos I was afraid of going down on slopes. But after 2 rounds, I got used to it and found it quite fun. Michael warned all of us not to slide down on a slope where we can see rocks at the bottom. However, a friend, didnt see the rocks at the bottom and had a bad sprain. Thank god he's okie. It was all fun nevertheless. I came back at 7 plus pm from the trip. After dinner, I felt so tired that I knocked out at 9 pm... The earliest I slept in a few years! Haha...


good trip, good fun =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home