Monday, October 13, 2008

Somewhat nostalgic

I'll let u guys out on a secret. I've been on facebook everyday looking at the pictures my friends posted. Friends in Perth mainly. All the birthday celebrations, trips etc. Everytime I see my friends having so much fun, I get so jealous. Here I am in spore struggling to get a job. I'm constantly frustrated of not being able to work, even though I know how much work sucks. I really want to move on, move on so that I can get my experience over soon, so that I can look forward to planning my next step. I know everyone's turn will soon come and I'll be first to step into the workforce, but still looking at the pics in facebook sucks. Nonetheless, I still like to see what they have been up to.

I really miss my friends in Perth. Every little thing I encounter, be it getting an interview, facing probs in spore, the first ppl I wanna call are my friends in Perth. I really miss hanging out with Noelle, I miss talking to my mei, I miss Jasmine knocking on my door everyday after she finishes work, I miss hanging out with the ISS people. I miss MCW, I miss spring feast, but most of all, I miss the friendships forged through ISS and MCW. U know, the friends I know still stay with me till now. I now meet up with Angel and Yingsi in Spore, I met up with Jeanette a few days ago. These are the ppl I've been out with most often.

Sometimes I wonder whether things will change when I go out to work. One year is not long but its not short either. A lot of things can change within a year, esp when 2 ppl are in diff environments. Priorties become diff, goals and thinkings change. I know that cos many of my girlfriends now embrace a diff mindset, one I am yet to be accoustemed to. I am looking forward to what working life brings, the network, the stress, the tiredness, but somehow I wish I had people who were in the same phase as me. Helps to know someone out there is facing the same things as I do. And deep down inside I wished ALL the ISS and MCW peeps were from spore. And everyone would return to spore eventually so that we can all be reunited in spore. Hang out or do stuff. But thinking of that, its actually the diversity that brought us together. Learning from each other, changing, evolving to be a better person. For that I'm grateful. To date, I've nvr looked back and regretted spending 4.5 years of my life doing a double degree. I just wished I could have done else, like HR.

No matter what, I tell myself to be strong, to embrace what is coming. And to make the best use of my life. My goal? To put awesome pics on facebook and make everybody awe at my photos. hahaha.. As if...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home