Monday, October 06, 2008

Back to Singapore

I'm offically back in Singapore... for abt 2 weeks already. Now its crunch time. Have to find a job.

My life for the past week has been looking at job ads, applying for jobs, and waiting for companies to call me back. Everytime I get an unknown phone call, I get sooo excited! But when I realised its not the companies, my face fell. You should have been there to see it. From a smile to a frown... sighz..

It doesnt help now that I'm sick. Been sick for nearly 2 weeks. It first started with a cough. Then phelgm. After 2 weeks, the phelgm still refused to go away... I have been coughing the phelgm out day and night, to the extent that i cant sleep at night. Right now i am so sick of coughing out my phelgm that I dont feel like talking at all. The feeling of phelgm getting stuck in my throat is just horrible....

Speaking of jobs, I actually had 2 job interviews. They were both recruitment agencies. Both required sales (which I didnt know that recruitment firms actually have). ONe offered me a temp position and I had a day to think abt it. It was a v. hard decision. Knowning that I cant do sales was one thing, but getting a temp position really put me off. What if i cant be promoted to a perm position? Then it'll be worst to find another job given the economy getting worst day to day... I called the friends i could think of for advice. Everyone gave me a diff opinion. Some say go for it (mum & aunt contributed to that): they say if u nvr try u'll nvr know. True. That's what I've always been. For everything. If u dont try, how do u know whether u can do it or whether it suits u? On the other hand, some ppl (okies, mainly emes) said that I'm a double degree holder and I'm worth more than a temp job. Plus she knows that I cant do sales. Hmm... okies, reasonable but some part of me do want to try it out to really see if i can handle the job. Past experiences of me being impatient and wanting to try everything out has failed in a few instances. Some still hurt till now. So I've decided to be more patient and try to see if i can find other jobs. Look ard and scour for something that I really like. Therefore I rejected the temp offer. Oh man, for one week i was still thinking whether it was the right decision. No one has called me for an interview ever since. Haiz... Nvr mind, find already. Keep on looking bah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home