Sunday, October 12, 2008

Interviews & economy...

Went for the interview. It was for a role as a conference producer. What the role entails was to produce and research possible topics for conferences, and after establishing the topics, I have to make calls to possible speakers. And after I've established a conference, I have to work with the marketing and sales department to sell my conference. And I have to attend the conference and make sure everything goes smoothly. I was asked to come up with a proposal with the topic "marketing" in 2 days. I wrote a 2 page proposal on using customer service as an important tool to market singapore as a tourism hub. I think it wasnt that good. But the manager hasnt gotten back to me yet, so we shall see...

News has been going about the economy going on recession. With the global Meltdown by IMF, and news of intrest rates going down, this really isnt a good time to be looking for a job. Many jobs will be cut, pay will be cut, and the world is going into turmoil. I tell myself not to be choosy. Just look for whatever comes. I've started applying for the Big 4 already, going to try other accounting firms too. This sucks. To be going through all these by myself. Sometimes I wish I had friends going through the same stages as I do. Getting depressed day by day applying and waiting for prospective employers to call... Oh well, such is life....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home