Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My chance for psychology honours!

An e-mail made my night!

I was being sent an e-mail about the application of psychology honours. I thought it was similar to the one i read last year (they send the e-mail to all students who are doing third year units). Well, the entry requirements to honours was the same. However, my eyes sparkled when i read this part...

In 2008 we will make at least 16 additional Honours places available to students who do not meet all of these requirements. These will be awarded on a competitive basis by inspection of grades in level 3 Psychology units. Even if you fall short of the Honours requirements you are strongly encouraged to apply.

Can I start mid – year?
A Yes, but it takes 3 semesters to complete so you must be able to enroll part-time. Mid – year places are not offered to students who miss out on the grades.


oh man.... my eyes lited up as soon as i read these few sentences. THey're giving out 16 more honours position! And i get to start mid year! This couldnt be more perfect becos 1) i finish in june next year, which is perfect timing to start my honours and 2) I take a longer time to finish my honours = less stressed and more time to complete my thesis!

woo hoo! This couldnt be delightful than it is now. No, not delightful... better than that! I've been wanting to do honours ever since i attended the psych conference. Plus an honours student in UWA just told me that spore accepts a psych student for a "psychologist" position as long as they have a min honours in psych!

So now, I'm gonna apply for the honours programme and hopefully, i'll be able to get in.

These means a lot of things. My results for my psychology units this semester is v. crucial. I've gotta get all distinctions for my psychology units. Which means i gotta ace my assignment and my exam.

On top of all these, i am overloading this semester. Means i am doing an extra 2 commerce units. I am dying in finance... I've got a mid sem this thurs and i have no idea what the unit is talking abt.... I was on the verge of giving up my finance major until noelle and shireene was like " hey nic, u're already almost there! How can u give up your finance?"

So now, i'm gonna work real hard to get my distinctions for my psych units and pass my commerce units. Been trying to work real hard this sem. On top of iss stuff. Iss stuff overwhelms me sometimes. So much more things are happening than i expect.

Also been doing tonnes of readings. Sometimes i read and read and i dont even know whether its goin into my head. And the worse part is that my eyes get really blurry after reading for v. long.

In order achieve my goals, its the time or at least till the end of the semester where i really need everyone's understanding and patience. Be understanding that i dont have time to go out now except for iss events. Be understanding that i might not want to spend time cooking dinner sometimes cos i have to rush on assignments (hehee... hmm i was wondering if my housemate would be kind enough to cook dinner for me sometimes...) Be encouraging and give me the motivation and support to reach my goals... Pls try to understand if i cant make it for stall duties or mcw events as i have to do my assignments... lastly, i think i am gonna get really stressed for my finals... so be paitent with me and understand if i get really stressed....

Yeah... that's all i've got. My head's almost exploding from studying for AFM. Wish me luck for that! Cos i think i need it right now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home