Wednesday, April 04, 2007

preventive measures

Have you ever been in a situation where you knew you had to prevent something bad from happening to your friend but you dont know how to?

I have.

As a friend, if i see something bad happening to you; and i know that it will get worse, i would wanna take the step out and prevent it from getting worse. I know as a friend, i'll be there to give my time to listen to you, to hug you and accompany you when things hit rock bottom; when the person decides the worse has just happened and relies on you for support. I'll be that friend to my good friend, but I find it sooo hard to take that preventive measure. No matter how hard I try preventing things from getting worse, I cant seem to make that happen.

Esp with regards to relationship problems. I'm not the best person to talk to or even give a talk about preventive measures as I've no experience in the relationship field. All I can give is my friends' past experiences, which I take on board. But often what I always get is "you dont know how it feels like, nic." Sure I dont, but all I can offer you is this. I accrue it all to my inability to talk to my friends from preventing it from happening. I could be more tactful or i could be more persuasive (which I am usually not). I am usually the one that would give my time to comfort my friends when the relationship could not be salvaged. But in my heart, i thought, i could have done something more as a friend to not let you get hurt even further. Because deep down in my heart, i know that you are gonna suffer more. So how can sit down and helplessly let you sink further?


So peeps, tell me, advise me, what should I do prevent all these bad things happening further to my friends?

Dont mind me.... I'm just frustrated at something I cant do, and which I know could have been done. This has happened more than once....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home